Beauty boxes are having something of a moment and really what’s not to love? A pretty box filled with tempting treats – it’s like crack for the discerning beauty junkie! So enamoured are we with these little boxes of delights, we’ve already seen beauty eggs at Easter and Advent Calendars at Christmas (the Diptique advent calendar is truly exquisite) and my favourite beauty girls (that would be Caroline Hirons, Lily Pebbles and Anna of The Anna Edit) have all partnered with online mecca Cult Beauty to create their own edit of beauty must haves! FYI, next time you see one of these collaborations coming up, get your name on the waitlist asap as they sell out FAST!
Try It Love It – The May Edition
This is the fourth incarnation of the Tili (try it, love it) Beauty Box which always contains a really good mix of niche and premium brands for a (quite remarkable) price of £20. You don’t need to subscribe to the box and you can see exactly what’s inside before you go ahead and hit the buy now button (so no nasty surprises lurking in its depths)!
What’s in the box????
- Alpha H Liquid Gold Rose – Wahhhhh, I think would have bought the box for this alone – this is a brand new launch (so no, the box isn’t full of old or discontinued items)!
- OPI Nail Colour (this isn’t my shade but I love a bit of OPI and again this is from the new season collection)!
- Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish – An absolute classic. I haven’t used this in years but I’m looking forward to trying it again.
- IT Cosmetics CC Cream – I already own and love the full size of this product. It’s an amazing full coverage CC Cream that glides on a dream and gives a gorgeous glowy finish.
- Erno Laszlo Cleanser Travel Set – This is a new one on me and I can’t wait to give it a go (apparently Audrey Hepburn was a fan and if it’s good enough for Holly Golightly…)
- Benefit Rollerlash Mascara – I love a travel sized mascara. I find you can really get to the root of the lashes with a smaller brush although I don’t think I’ve ever tried a benefit mascara (I’m usually a Lancome girl) so I’m intrigued to give this a go.
- Ultrasun SPF 30 For Face – I’m a bit crazy obsessive with SPF these days – I’m definitely starting to see the effects of my sun worshipping teenage days so a good daily SPF is a must.
- Vita Liberata 10-Minute-Tan – The Vita Liberata Mousse from a previous Tili box was a real winner so I can’t wait to take this on my hols to try out!
- Julien Farel Vitamin Shampoo and Conditioner – I’m not going to lie, shampoo and conditioner aren’t the most thrilling items in a girl’s beauty arsenal – essential yes, exciting, not so much. On the other hand, these smell amazing and it’s always nice to have travel sized essentials!
5 Favourites From Previous Boxes
- Liquid Gold – I’ve mentioned this before in my Post Pregnancy Skincare Post but it really is one of my desert island products! (Although, obviously, if I was on a desert island, SPF would probably me the smart choice)!
- Vita Liberata Mousse – I hadn’t fake tanned for so long. I think I was bored of the whole sticky, smelly rigmarole and let’s be honest, it never looks that authentic. This mousse was a bit of a game changer – light, easy to use (i.e no streaks) and surprisingly convincing colour wise.
- Becca Illuminating Primer – I’ve used quite a few illuminating primers before but wow – this is a game changer! Every time I wear this I get ‘your make up looks amazing’ comments! Becca always make incredible ‘glow’ products (I’m lusting after their new ‘Chrissy Teigen Glow Face Palette’) so I’ll definitely be adding this to my shopping list.
- Percy & Reed Volumising Mousse – I’m not one to get excited by haircare products but this has given my heavy hair a much-needed boost not to mention its a FULL-SIZE product! (It retails at £12 on its own)!
- Decleor Aromessence Mandarin – I absolutely love Decleor Facial Oils. I would usually go with Aromessence Neroli to calm my skin and give it that all important glow but the Mandarin is equally glow-inducing with the added benefit of smoothing those little lines that seem to be popping up a bit more frequently than I would like.
Beauty Box Losers
By losers what I really mean is that these products either just didn’t work for me or that they simply don’t do it for me. I don’t think there are many losers in boxes like this as you can always pass something on to a friend or family member if it’s just not for you.
- Laura Gellar ‘Spackle Tinted Under Make-Up Primer’ I’ve tried other products from the ‘spackle’ family and it’s a product that just doesn’t agree with my skin. It tends to give me breakouts and leaves my skin feeling greasy.
- Nexxus ‘Nutritive Shampoo & Conditioner’ Not really a loser just something that fails to tickle my ‘beauty junkie’ tastebuds.
- Essie ‘Mint Candy Apple’ Nail Polish. I think we’ve discussed my limited tolerance for anything other than Uma Thurman’s ‘Pulp Fiction’ Nails. Yup, mint green nails are just not my bag!
Let’s Talk About ‘Those’ Boxes…
The physical Tili Beauty Box is a JOY to behold! Each box is themed to a particular colour with a full list of product ingredients and the whole effect is always crisp, clean and just yummy to open. It really is like receiving a gift, the packaging is that pretty!
I honestly don’t think you can go wrong with the Tili Beauty Box. The price point is crazy for the amount and quality of premium product and the box itself (yes we’ve established I’m a crazy box lady) makes the product as a whole look so well thought out and pretty. Great gift, great gift to self, get thee to QVC on the double!
The Tili Beauty Box is available online HERE