Hello, I’m Jessica, a 30 something Cumbrian based mum of one. I studied law at University before packing it in in order to open fashion boutique with my mum. After five years in the fashion industry, I spent the next few years working alongside my husband growing our bar and restaurant. I now spend my days running around after a miniature human and I wouldn’t have it any other way!
I love lace camisoles & pointy heels, swishy blow drys & dark nails, blousy blooms & Diptyque candles, gold & glitz, clean sheets & cups of tea. At the time of writing, I am exploring the world of postpartum fitness and hope to share the ups and downs, successes and (inevitable) failures. For everything else, expect a curated mix of beauty finds, fashion favourites and interior inspo. This is my lifestyle edit and I hope I can help and inspire others with my #mumlife journey.
Love Jessica xxx
20 Facts About Me
- I am mum to Luna Belle and wife to Ilka. My wedding day was the greatest day of life… and then my daughter was born! These 2 humans are my world!
- I have a degree in Law but have never practiced.
- I worked in the fashion industry for 5 years but am still aspiring to that ‘Carrie Bradshaw wardrobe of dreams. ‘
- I am obsessed with history – tales of great lovers and royalty from times past never fail to thrill me.
- I am terrified of the telephone. Luckily my husband does not share my phone phobia and will quite happily pick up the phone to make a call – he completes me!
- I hate shimmery nail polish but love a short square opaque nail in coral, hot pink, nude or dark burgundy. Uma Thurman’s Chanel Rouge Noir Nails in the film Pulp Fiction are perfection!
- I have holidayed in the South of Spain since I was 10 months old – it holds a very special place in my heart.
- My family is my life and my best female friends are family members.
- My favourite film is the original Clash of the Titans and I once chained myself to a tree and waited to be rescued by a prince on a flying horse (spoiler…it didn’t happen).
- I have never met an 80’s power ballad I didn’t love…my husband is a DJ and despairs of my ‘terrible’ taste in music!
- I love nothing more than curling up with a cup of tea and a good book (and by ‘good book’ I mean a trashy historical romance!)
- I am practical and reliable to the point of being a bit of a bore!
- I hate exercise but dream of being the ‘after’ photo in a ‘fitspo’ Instagram account
- I love Victoria Beckham and may or may not have 3 scrapbooks dedicated to her style.
- I truly believe Kate Middleton and I could be best friends!
- I’m an excellent researcher and a fountain of useless knowledge.
- I love a big, blousy bloom – roses, peonies, hydrangea…give me all the pretty!
- I always believe people will come through for you and am forever surprised when they don’t!
- I believe in the Loch Ness Monster
- Monica Gellar and Margo Ledbetter are my sitcom soulmates!
Some links on jessicarhoades.co.uk are affiliate links. This means that I may receive a small percentage of the purchase price should you follow the link and buy the product. I only ever recommend products that I personally believe in and would recommend to a friend or family member and my opinion of a product is always formed before any links are added.
All products recommended are based on my own personal experience and my own skin/body type. Please keep in mind your own skin and body type and where possible test for any allergies before purchasing.